This Motown fitness mix is a popular, inclusive, multi-generational, playlist for a wide variety of group fitness class participants and formats.
Most tracks are between 123-128 BPM range. Although one song is 116 BPM and another is 145 BPM they still feel the same.
I like to use this Motown fitness mix for strength training classes that are choreographed and use rhythm vs. bootcamp styled training classes. I would recommend this playlist for instructors that incorporate musicality into their programming.
Some examples of classes I have used this Motown fitness mix for include: any sculpting class, BOSU, TRX, kettlebells. Although my demographic tends to be women from 35-55 years old, I have seen people of all ages (20-80) singing along in class.
- Reach Out (I’ll Be There) – 126 BPM
- Brick House – 123 BPM
- Uptight (Way Back) – 130 BPM
- Think – 128 BPM
- Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough – 124 BPM
- You Keep Me Hangin’ On – 128 BPM
- I Second That Emotion – 115 BPM
- I Heard It Through The Grapevine – 122 BPM
- Whip It (Part 1) – 128 BPM
- Someday – 120 BPM
- Stand By Me – 145 BPM